Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Sea book is complete!



My book is now complete! This is a front view.



Here is the open book. My apologies for the photograph here. It looks a little odd sloping to one side, but that was my fault. The book was standing upright, you can just see the odd angle of the horizon. I have shown this photograph merely because it gives an indication of the wealth of textures there are amongst these lovely pages.



The inside of the front cover.



The inside of the back cover. Thanks everyone who sent me a page.



The book is designed to open right out, as you can see here, fanning the pages out and making them easier to display. The spine is woven and beaded. I used sticks as uprights and used blue, green, purple and grey-blue ribbon to weave in and out making the structure more solid.

My next challenge will be to get a shelf for my workroom so I can display all my three-dimensional pieces out of direct sunlight.

Thanks Ruth. I really loved taking part in this project.

12 comments:

  1. Great looking book Mandy,must find a way to display my fiber books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I had such a lot of fun fiddling around with beads and ribbons. This was my first fibre book, but it won't be the last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Such great work. The woven binding is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish, especially the binding - that's the hard part but you've made a spectacular one with the woven ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Katerina. It was really very simple, if fiddly. I really enjoyed putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ruth. I am so glad that you like my finished book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so COOL! I adore things like this -- I one day hope to learn how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Friends it a real news for your virtual real dream that Get a positive, helpful partner for buying or selling a home:From the sheilamorrison.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the book. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've captured the blues and feel of the sea. I can smell the salt air.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say - so do tell, what's on your mind? As this blog is a group blog, we won't respond personally but may leave you a note in the comments if you have a question. So check back in the comments for answers to your questions.