Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Castles

I'm starting the page for February. This one is for Carmen and the theme is Castles.
Since I'm from India I'm trying to incorporate an Indian flavour to the pages I make. We don't have castles in India as far as I know but we do have fabulous palaces, forts and palaces within forts etc.
As you can see from the pictures I've collected for inspiration, arches are an important architectural feature in most Indian palaces and forts and the arched shape of the page is going to lend itself beautifully to the theme.
I've posted my first page of The Seashore out to Juliette. I think you should have it in your mail box by the end of next week.

2 comments:

  1. Those look like castles to me even if they aren't called that in India. That's what is so wonderful about this group, we have people from all over the world so we'll see differing influences on our pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful photos. Can't wait to see how you interpret and Indian palace.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say - so do tell, what's on your mind? As this blog is a group blog, we won't respond personally but may leave you a note in the comments if you have a question. So check back in the comments for answers to your questions.