Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Arrival of Debi's page.



I am delighted to be able to say that my October page for Debi - Shabby Chic Vintage has finally arrived. Does anyone else feel nervous waiting for the arrival of their pages?

This is the back of my page. The two strips are vintage sari fabric. I got these years ago in an embroidery pack. The larger of the scraps can be seen as part of the front.


My letter details the items used to construct the page. For the first time, I made the whole page quite quickly. I had all the pieces I needed in my stash.

These are some of the beads from the bracelet I took to pieces. It was a really fussy thing which I would never have worn, but what a wonderful hoard, just right for this page.

Oh yes, the bouquet of flowers shown on the paper used for the letter is a photograph of flowers given to me some time ago. It was such an extraordinary collection of blooms......

The leaflets mentioned were these:

Yes, I am fortunate to have Knutsford just a few miles away from my home. Its an interesting place to visit too, with some fascinating architecture. Home for some years to the author Elizabeth Gaskell, and said to be the inspiration for "Cranford". Tatton is the large Hall and grounds alongside the small town of Knutsford.

4 comments:

  1. I love what you did with your page!! Sometimes those that come together quickly are the very best!!! I Too get very nervous waiting to hear that my work has arrived but when one is dealing with postal systems all over the world, it can be a long wait!! you did a terrific job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is kind of nerve wracking, especially if you've already had one go astray. Lovely page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. This page was really out of my comfort zone - pale colours being something I do not generally use on their own. However, it was fun putting all the poieces together.
    Having one page go astray is something I dread......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following your story of the travelling pages, and think they are all wonderful...what a clever and creative group

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say - so do tell, what's on your mind? As this blog is a group blog, we won't respond personally but may leave you a note in the comments if you have a question. So check back in the comments for answers to your questions.