Thursday, November 12, 2009

Goddess Research


I've made a notebook to keep everything together and I've started on my research for my first theme for Johoanna which is "The Goddess Within". I always like to look up the symbolism and some good quotes as well. Here's a quote from Shakespeare, "Go to your bosom; knock there, and ask your heart what it doth know."


I also found this very cool photo online of a "tree goddess". And another quote about reaching within ourselves by Edward Hopper, "Great art is the outward expression of an inner life in the artist and this inner life will result in his personal vision of the world."

I have some ideas that might work for my page but I don't want to give too many hints as it is early going yet. I have a tendency to think of several ideas and then finally go with one. This part is so much fun though, coming up with a variety of ideas and then letting everything rest in my brain for a while and then out pops the final plan.

2 comments:

We love to hear what you have to say - so do tell, what's on your mind? As this blog is a group blog, we won't respond personally but may leave you a note in the comments if you have a question. So check back in the comments for answers to your questions.