Saturday, January 22, 2011

Juliette's Shoreline Page


Juliette has asked me to post pictures of the page that I made for her. She has finally recieved it after I got a bit behind. Sigh! Anyway I did this page on a background of needlefelting. I needled wool roving ,silk roving, angelina fibers and mohair curls down onto a periwinkle silk fabric. I added in some vintage crocheted lace and sparkling tuille to represent the sea foam at the edge of the wave. I added beads and some collected shells and then added dyed cheesecloth for sea weed and used real sandpaper for the sandy shore. It was not easy stitiching thru the snad paper till I got samrt and punched holes in it prior to stitching with thread!! I wrote out the quote with a Pitt pen on muslin. It says: Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to loose sight of the shore.
For the back of the page I used a piece of my own gelatin monoprinted muslin that I had made using a plastic doily as a mask. This page was great fun to create!
I am so very glad that you are happy with it Juliette!!!

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting page. Thanks for describing how you made it Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say - so do tell, what's on your mind? As this blog is a group blog, we won't respond personally but may leave you a note in the comments if you have a question. So check back in the comments for answers to your questions.