Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tree Page from Mandy

 Look at this bounty I received in the mail yesterday. Mandy sent me a very lovely tree page plus brochures of hiking trails in her area and some really cute beads.
 Here's the tree page. Mandy said that she got her inspiration from the walks she takes around her home. Thus the brochures. She painted the background and machine stitched the trees. I love the branches silhouetted in the sky.
 Here's a closer view.
And here's the back. Thanks so much Mandy - I love it and it will make a wonderful addition to my book.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Mandy!! Amazing detail that you got of the branches with the machine stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Ruth and Elizabeth. I am so glad that you like the page. It was rather an experiment since I have not tried anything quite like this before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have thought you were experienced in machine embroidery! The branches are so real

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say - so do tell, what's on your mind? As this blog is a group blog, we won't respond personally but may leave you a note in the comments if you have a question. So check back in the comments for answers to your questions.