Saturday, March 6, 2010

An Elephant Named Mali

I'm glad that Gayle's page arrived safely.  Here is what I made for her:

closeup

My inspiration was a baby elephant born at the Melbourne Zoo in January.  Of course, all babies are cute, but I have a soft spot in my heart for elephants.  This is my first attempt at Stumpwork and I had a ball putting this little tyke together.  Her trunk and ears stand away from the cloth and she's just too cute!  Gayle, I almost did not send her - I lost my heart to her! 

There are more pictures on my blog and more details on how I did this page.  Also a link to the real baby Mali's web site.  Check it out....

7 comments:

  1. Isn't she just the cutest ever! I just love her. Until I have all the pages complete, she's sitting in a basket for all to see and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is simply amazing. Wonderful work Liz, I can see how difficult it must have been for you to part with it.
    Stumpwork is something I haven't tried, must check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the stitched elephant is so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The elephant is so sweet! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can i change my theme to elephants please and can i have a page like that its so sweeeeeeeeeet. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is fabulous!!! Ok the bar has been officially raised here ladies!!! How am I going to follow this?????? What fabulous work!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say - so do tell, what's on your mind? As this blog is a group blog, we won't respond personally but may leave you a note in the comments if you have a question. So check back in the comments for answers to your questions.