Monday, February 21, 2011

A goddess for Johoanna



My page for Johoanna shows the goddess Terpsichore.



As my letter explained, she was one of the muses of Greek mythology.



The base fabric was first painted and then the pieces for the figure added. These were attached using bondaweb, being simply ironed in place. I overstitched everything to add texture.



The back was kept very simple and uses a piece of my favourite Fossil Ferns fabric.



The letter also bore this apology. My page was rather late in being completed and then sent off. It had been intended as my December page.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Ruth, I am so glad that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful and I love the backing - is it painted? Are you musical?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Katerina, so sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you. Yes, I am musical - I play recorders, piano and flute. I also sing. I also love dance.
    The backing to this piece was painted using Setacolor Opaques with a couple of shimmery colours in there to add to the texture.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say - so do tell, what's on your mind? As this blog is a group blog, we won't respond personally but may leave you a note in the comments if you have a question. So check back in the comments for answers to your questions.