Saturday, May 8, 2010

Thinking about castles

Thinking about castles I saw kings and queens in rich dresses, living in big rooms, celebrating big parties. I saw people riding on horses. And then I thougt: what does castle really mean? Is it the building where kings and queens live or is it the building for public defense.
You can translate castles into German in two words: Schloss (the home of kings and queens) and Burg (the building for defense).

I decided to make a page with a castle which was the home of kings and queens.

In a next step I reflected on which castle I would take as base of the page. I could just take a fantasy castle. But I also can take an existing.

We have a very famous castle in the south of Germany. It is Schloss Neuschwanstein. But I have any connection to this building. More connections I have to buildings in France because my parents took us in a lot of Holidays to visits of the Châteaux of the Loire Valle. When I was young I didn't liked these visits: they were hot and boring and people talked in strange languages ;-). Some years ago I went by myself visiting some of the castles and liked it. In the end I decided that the base of my castle page will be a Châteaux of the Loire Valle.

May is a busy month. I hope I will be ready with the page I n time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Trillian, those photos look really lovely. It will be interesting to see what you come up with for this latest page.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say - so do tell, what's on your mind? As this blog is a group blog, we won't respond personally but may leave you a note in the comments if you have a question. So check back in the comments for answers to your questions.